3D-Bioplotter® Manufacturer Series
The 3D-Bioplotter System is a versatile rapid prototyping tool for processing a great variety of biomaterials for computer-aided tissue engineering (CATE), from 3D CAD models and patient CT data to the physical 3D scaffold with a designed and defined outer form and an open inner structure.
Built-in camera to enhance needle calibration and to ensure consistent prints.
Temperature controlled build platform and sensor ports. This allows greater material variety and finely tuned environments for low tolerance scaffolding.
Five cartridges slots for more materials in a single print.
- A new user management allows users to both share projects, materials and patterns, as well as have their own separate set of files for improved overview and security.
- Input of outer shapes through STL files
- Multi-part and multi-material capable through the use of an automatic tool changer and multiple print heads.
- Generation of volume support structures for complex shapes.
- Database of inner patterns (user-editable) in the controlling software, avoiding requiring patterns in the STL files.
- Complex inner pattern with straight lines, zig-zag shapes and wave forms as well as hexagon shapes, including shift functions for “in between the lines”printing
- Database of materials (user-editable) with all process parameters.
- Material life time control to avoid scaffold fabrication with degraded materials.
- Complete control of all printing parameters (temperature, pressure, speed, etc) through the software.
- Photographic log of the full platform for each layer available for verification of error-free object interior after printing.
- Mid-print measurement of strand dimensions using the built-in camera.
- Automatic platform height control for petri dishes, well plates, as well as other printing surfaces.
- Improved surface finish of fabricated parts using randomized start position in outer contours.
- 2D Dot-Printing (Biopatterning) capability
- Individual temperature control of each printing head, both in the parking positions, as well as during printing
- Low-Temperature Print Head: 0° – 70°C (32° – 158°F) with disposable PE cartridges.
- High-Temperature Print Head: 30° – 250°C (86° – 482°F) with reusable stainless steel cartridges.
- UV Curing Head (365 nm).
- Needle cleaning station, with automatic cleaning before and during the print project available.
- Luer Lock needle tips, 0.1mm to 1.0mm inner diameter available.
- Automatic recalibration of park position coordinates in extensively used 3D-Bioplotters.
- LOG file creation after project completion with all relevant data.
- Footprint (L x W x H): 976 x 623 x 773 mm (38.4 x 24.5 x 30.4 in.)
- Weight: About 130 kg (286 lbs)
|Filters Included||Sterile and Particle|
|Platform Temperature Control||Yes (Chiller Included) -10° – 80°C (15° – 176° F)|
|Head Temperature Range||Low 0° – 70°C (32° – 158°F) or High 30° – 250°C (86° – 482°F)|
|No. of Heads Included||2|
|Tool Changer Type||Modular Tool Changer|
|Cartridge Sizes||10 – 30 ml (.3 – 1.0 fl oz)|
|Other Usable Modules||All|
|Platform Height Control||Automatic|
|External Temp. Ports||4|
|Included PC||Professional PC|
|Build Volume (XYZ)||150 x 150 x 150 mm (5.91 x 5.91 x 5.51 in.)|
|Speed||0.1 – 150 mm/s (0.004 – 5.91 in/s)|
|Minimum Strand Diameter||0.100 mm (0.004 in.) Material Dependent|
|Axis Resolution (XYZ)||0.001 mm (0.00004 in.)|